Thursday, August 9, 2012

No More Tears...

We haven’t done much to prepare for baby number 2.   I figure as long as we have some white onesies, we are set.  If we have a girl we will buy a bow, and if it is a boy, we have plenty of blue.   Clothes just don’t seem to matter as much since we are peeling off our layers every chance we get in this heat.  But last week l learned that something new is just what I needed to brighten my spirits.  John’s mom sent a basket full of gender neutral baby essentials.  Every time I look the basket I get emotional and I'm reminded of our soon to be expanding family.  There is something about having baby shampoo around the house that makes my heart skip a beat.  I can’t believe I will have a new bundle bathing in my sink in about six weeks.  It feels like Christmas morning is just around the corner.  Thanks again Grandma Gregory for the generous gifts.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Awe!!!! So exciting Jessica!!!

ColleenDown said...

I wish there was a few more gender-neutral clothes on the market-this certainly isn't 1980-the year of the yellow and green. How fun though, there is something about the smell of Johnson's that brings back a flood of memories!

Anonymous said...

I know what I want for Christmas. Small book of memories.

Anonymous said...

Carla taught me how to respond. I enjoy all your blogs and applaud your creativity and tenacity.

Anonymous said...

Well, I forgot to sign my comment. I'm the "anonymous" in the last comment. Aunt Claudia

Heather said...

If you have a girl I have plenty of pink couture to send your way, if you have a boy I have plenty of worn out, holey, stained clothes that you'll probably want to pass on.

Dad said...

Jessica, you could be the best pr / marketing department for Palmolive / Johnson and Johnson or whomever makes those products. Seriously, you know how to capture it with pictures and words.

Your greatest fan,

Dad (Grandpa Down) (Steve)

Anonymous said...

love that picture of your silhouette!!! I am so excited for your baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...