Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pictures to Pass the Prego Time..

I love to see the temple...Friday morning I snuck out early before John left for work and went for a morning walk around the temple up the street.  It was so serene and Versailles like and just what I needed to start my day out right.  Honestly, I don't go inside nearly enough but I am hoping how much I appreciate the beauty of the grounds will give me a few bonus points.








Hee-hee hoooo.  I was having serious Braxton hicks the moment this picture was clicked.  I took an afternoon shower while James was watching tv in the kitchen.  When I came out he was nowhere to be found.  After a frantic search where I almost called the fire department, I found him tucked tightly under my sheets asleep.   Scariest mama moment to date, but all contractions aside,  he looked very sweet. 
I scream, you scream, mama needs ice-cream...Thursdays have become girls night out for frozen yogurt.  Fact:  Girl talk with ice-cream a la mode makes me a much better wifey and mother.
Play ball...John was invited to sit in the ExxonMobil box seats to the Astros Baseball game.  He's been very busy at work lately working on a new project called Domino (sounds very James Bond).
Sssssssuper James.  We made masks for playgroup this week with the mamas we met at the park last year.  As you know, anything superhero is sure to be a hit around our house.
31 Week Sneak Peak.  Our baby is growing.  Just not at the rate of his/her ten pound older brother.  I am measuring smaller this time around.  But there is still time to catch up...especially with all the chocolate ice-cream I've been having lately;)  Right now the plan is for a VBAC instead of a second cesarean,  but I guess we will see (*nervous face*).
Mama's moo-moo...This is one of the two dresses I am fitting into these days.  I wear this so much, when James wants to go somewhere he grabs it and brings it to me.  Kimme says it is like a dog bringing it's owner a leash.  Having less to wear makes life surprisingly more simple.
I hope everyone has a happy (almost) end of summer weekend.  Love, Jess
P.S.  Dear Aunt Cathy.  Please post pics of your paradise vacay ASAP.  This mama needs some more Maui in her life:)!

6 comments:

Dad / Grandpa Down said...

Jess,

You must start a book of your flower photo collection. You have an amazing eye and will be a wonderful book someday.

I'm your #1 fan!

Dad / Grandpa Down

Chelsea said...

I agree with your dad and add a dash of your beautiful words and voila! you are looking great!! Prayers for the VBAC:) I tried that with my twins but they had other ideas :)

Heather said...

Beautiful! Even when you are not feeling your best you uplift the rest of us.

ColleenDown said...

So this post reminds me of when you were James' age and I "lost" you--it was one of my scariest moments too. The entire neighborhood was looking. You were finally found underneath a bed, behind a dust ruffle fast asleep! I love the snail picture....please email me a copy, I see an artsy notecard in my future! Glad you are feeling a little better- take it easy though.

Anonymous said...

that is one cute 'leash!' I wish my everyday outfit was as fashionable as yours! Braxton hicks already?! Wowzas! How exciting! I think you are having a girl, a small dainty little girl. I already bought her an outfit :)

Laura said...

Gorgeous pics, Jess. You are incredibly blessed to live so close to the temple. Like Heather said, thanks for the uplift! :) You're in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...