Thursday, August 30, 2012

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings...

 Every so often I open the door to a bedazzled box of goodies sent from Kimme in Canada.  They  come packed with girly things like Canadian chocolate bars, lip gloss, accessories, and scarves.  Beautiful things that take me back to our school days together.  It's amazing, we've lived apart the past eleven years but she is still such a big part of my life.  We keep tabs on each other mostly thanks to the good old fashioned telephone.  I love our long calls where we talk about everything, laugh till we cry, and take care of our kids at the same time.  When I hang up it feels like we just spent the afternoon together on a play date at the park.  A fabulous phenomenon considering she lives in another country.

Kimme and little Lennox
I love this quote I saw on facebook.  So true.  It takes two to have a fabulous long distance friendship and I am so thankful for Kimme and all my family and friends who put forth the effort to keep things the same.  XOXO, Jess.

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Oh it just warms the cockles of my heart (whatever those are) whenever I think of the two of you! Thanks for helping Jessica "endure" the "unendurable" last couple weeks Kimme!! (and I never think of the two of you, without the word "haircolor" popping into my mind!

ColleenDown said...

P.S. Kimme-isn't your FaceBook sabbatical over?-I miss you, too!

makana hansen said...

your posts never cease to make me smile. I love how you capture everyday moments and make them spectacular! ... and I wish I had a BF kike yours!! She sure knows how to brighten a day up :)
See you in a week!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica! This post made me cry. I miss you so much! I love that quote, I feel like it describes our friendship perfectly. Someday we will live closer, but until then your phone calls, blog posts, beauty tips, jokes, etc put some special Jessica sunshine in my life! Your pics make the package look so much more exciting than it really is! Maybe I should go back on Facebook...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...