Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dear Hubby in Houston...

Hi Honey, this post is going to be short and to the point b/c I'm soooo tired from all that packing. But before it gets too late, I wanted to give you a quick look through my camera lens...
It's so nice to have home cooked dinners in the courtyard and catch up with my fam.
Here is Heather's stylin' blue streaks she is sporting for the summer.
The Sullivan's newest addition to their fam.
Trev turns 20 in three days.
When I went to help box up our house our bushes were in full bloom.
I took a pic of the rose bush we planted, then me and my mom decided it
was too pretty to leave behind, so we dug it up and she planted it in her garden. The Realtor never mentioned that the roses went with the house, right?:) I plan on digging it up from there someday too. This bush in mine for life baby.

Everything we own fills a third of a truck. How did we get so much stuff in five short years?
All empty:(
If our casa's walls could talk think of what they would say:)
I wandered our halls a good hour before I could say goodbye.
Time to lock up shop. This was taken right before I gave our house a good hug (I literally hugged her walls twice) for all the happy memories. I've been taking long bike rides through Draper with my dad to cheer myself up. Everything is so lush and green from all the rain.
Here is our anniversary pic from breakfast before I left. They say home is where the heart is and my heart is with you and James in Houston. Can't wait to see you! Take lots of pics of Grandma Gregory and the twins playing with James for me. XOXO

8 comments:

John said...

Thanks for the post honey. We made a lot of great memories in that house and it will always be special to me. I look forward to making many more memories and having more special experiences with you.

Thanks for being so great and taking care of our home.

Sam Whitney Preslie said...

what a cute Post Jessica... it almost brought tears to my eyes... im sad you are gone. i am excited for you to start a new adventure :)

ColleenDown said...

Well this post captured so much of the poignant moments of the week. I hate the thought of some stranger painting over James room--she had better not! If I ever sell our house I will take the whole courtyard with us-too many memories to leave to anyone else. We will all be looking forward to see "what's around the river bend" and what you will paint on the walls of your next house.

Dad said...

I loved the bike rides with you...I was awed by the way you take the time to see the beauty and smell the roses along the way.
Love ya,
Dad

Cathy G said...

Great tribute, Jessica! So glad to see you before you left! Can't wait to see what you create in Houston!

Chelsea said...

A. I love heathers blue streaks!
B. I love heathers kitten and the fact he travels to family functions
C. I love that you got to see your family
D. I love the curtains in your kitchen

:))

Brooke said...

I am so sad you are moving!!! Not that we ever actually hung out, but I always wanted to. Bummer! Good luck with everything!

Aubrie West said...

So sad! You will be very missed! I can't believe you left the drapes! I would have at least taken the ones in the living room. :) Love you girl! Good luck in the lone star state.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...