Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Star Kissed...

Well this pretty much our last day of our fabulous Bahamian vacay...unless I go all paparazzi tonight (which, is highly probable). I wish I could rely on my words to capture the marvelous memories from this past month. Luckily for me though, there is a wonderful thing called technology. But for when I’m ninety, and have a “Notebook” moment and need John to read me my blog to bring me back;) here is a short list of loves from under the Caribbean sun...

As long as I could take my family, I'd switch places with Ariel in a mermaid minute.
Water as pristine as a swimming pool.
John and I have become addicted to snorkeling over the reef by our beach. The only problem is, our under water camera broke, so we have no proof of all the pretty fish:( So here are our pics from our trip to the Atlantis aquarium to show some of what we are seeing...
These two guys are probably brothers to the one I saw today.

This looks like our reef. I think snorkeling is spiritual, but John says I throw that word out too nonchalantly. Maybe exhilarating, or awe-inspiring is better, Hmmm, nope, I am sticking to spiritual. Different strokes for different folks:)

Our baby has, "1 2 3, JUMP! " down to a T....

Our condo is super cute, but I decided our kitchen could use a designer's intervention...
Presto, our once cluttered shelves are cleaned up with a splash of Caribbean color.
James was doing his own remodeling in the bathroom while I was hard at work.

John and I agree, this was the fastest month of our lives. The stars... or the starfish rather;) just seemed to align, and (almost) everything went as smooth as our saltwater sea. Sure there were a few moments of too much togetherness, some owies accompanied by trips to the pharmacy, and sadness that our family never made it out to visit..but besides that, I must say, it was beach living bliss at it's best. I know all of you out there likewise deserve a vacation of a lifetime. So here is my plea, please make planning a mini retirement a requirement. Then post too many pictures. Because for me, the only thing better than a real vacation is a vicarious one...Just please bring me back sand so I can sprinkle it in my sheets- for old times sake;)

8 comments:

lulu said...

jess you have inspired me to plan a mini retirement sometime in my future & i'll for sure ask you for all the advice on how to do so! i loved living vicariously through you the past month. your pictures always amaze me!
and just so you know... you aren't the only one that feels things like snorkeling are spiritual cause i totally felt that way about it in hawaii. i took a drive up spanish fork canyon the other day for my first time and the scenery was overwhelmingly beautiful. and i would say even that for me was spiritual. so i know exactly what you mean :)

ColleenDown said...

I think we all feel like we are saying good-bye to our Bahama vacation, even if we were there vicariously. I will miss waking up to James on the beach and going to bed under the gorgeous sunsets.

I am reading a book right now by Sam Keen called "Dwelling in the Presence of the Sacred" I just read this paragraph and it goes along with your post-I have been thinking about it all afternoon. (Sorry it is long)
"The alchemy of epiphany is beyond explanation. At the heart of the experience is something unutterable, unnameable, filled with power. In that blinding moment when an ordinary aspen is set aflame by the golden light of what can only be a numinous presence, I awaken to the marvel of being. Nothing external has happened, yet everything has changed as I contemplate the presence just revealed to me.
Epiphanies occur at a specific time and place. Because they happen to one person at a time, epiphanies are always personal. Those sacred moments that startle, illumine, challenge, and encourage us may well seem meaningless to an outsider, like the private language of lovers. There is no way we can truly convey to anyone else what happens to us in those encounters in which we find the world unaccountably changed. But we can tell the story."

So yes, Jessica spiritual or sacred is the right word and thanks for telling the story. Can't wait to see where your blog takes us next!

Laura said...

Seriously, as I read this post, I got really sad that your vacation is ending. B/C like you said at the end -- living vicariously through another's vacation is the next best thing! I have been totally living vicariously! And someday, when we have saved some moolah, I need to find out exactly where you stayed! I am in love with that place. Safe journeys to your new home!

Romney said...

Looks like an amazing vacation! And just like everyone else has said, I'm sad to see it end! Can't wait to see you next week!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh I love it!! What an amazing vacation. I love warm, tropical beaches. The carribbean is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen. It makes me want to go back SO badly. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Thanks for posting pics. They're gorgeous.

Chelsea said...

I must say your looking rather sun kissed yourself missy :) you look stupendious in a swimming suit and you can be my body double!! PLEASE :) I am glad you were able to rejuvenate your souls. love chelsea

cap said...

such cute pictures! I loved them all, and I hope I can too someday go and just live on the beach with my little family. I think a lot of things are spiritual as well. It is raining today and as I drove up to PC through the clouds and the sound of rain on my windshield and the GREEN scenery made me feel so happy inside and sad because I'm having to say goodbye to it as well (only for 3 months) but it still was amazing!

Sam Whitney Preslie said...

oh my gosh how fun! you guys sure oare on quite the adventure :) James is so cute, i love the picture of you and him 1/2 in 1/2 out of the water laying on your tummies! we miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...