Thursday, June 9, 2011

Me, Two Guys, and a Fish Fry

As you can probably tell by the lack of us doing anything too crazy, we are keeping things pretty low key. We'll occasionally throw out an idea, like jumping on plane "bachelorette style" to see a nearby island. But then we remember what it's like to take James somewhere as simple as the grocery store, and instead opt for another day in the sand, sea, and swimming pool. But all of this sun turns us into starvin marvins...So for the second time, we hit up a local hub at the fish fry.
John ordered the snapper along with other island essentials...Peas, rice, plantains, and mac and cheese.


Remember these critters?
Well, take away the shell and throw in some fresh onion, tomato, peppers, and lots of lime and you have the most beloved salad of the Bahamians.
This is my go-to pose of me stuffing my face when I want my taste-buds to remember something.

If you were wondering how the snapper tasted, this about sums it up.

This local guy asked to be in the picture. Little did he know he was going to be posted and blogged.
Only six days left of these spectacular sunsets:( This spot alone would make me move here in a minute.
Hey dad, forget your new diet plan. Just come chase James around for a week or two. Keeping up with this crazy grand kid will allow you to stop counting calories:)
A quick note to my nephew, Drew...I know this is late but I've been searching the sea for a shell collection to send you a birthday wish. I hope your, birthday, baptism, and bundt cake were the the best! I can't wait for you to show me all of your sick tricks on your Rip Stick. Love You! Aunt Jessica
Of course John is going to be James's favorite. How can I compete with a rock throwing super hero like my hubby...
And one last shout out to my bff who still hasn't had her baby:( Remember last Thursday when I said she was going to be induced. Well, she was, went into labor for two days, but the baby didn't come and she was sent home. Crazy Canadian hospitals! At least he will be a big healthy boy! But on a lighter note (sorry Kimme, no pun intended:) Check out this adorable painting she did for her little guy's nursery. You can see her design blog here.

9 comments:

The Vreelands said...

You are living the dream! I can't wait to check your blog to see all the cool things you are doing. I love the pictures of all the yummy food. Food is my favorite part of any vacation!

Chelsea said...

your salad looks yummy!!!! Heres to hoping kimmes Dr. gets a reality check and follows through with labour this time! and that the little muchkin weighs less than cassius :)

ColleenDown said...

You can even make a fish head look good--I have been taking lots of flower pictures maybe I should start looking outside the flowerpot of life in my photography. I still am not salivating over the conch salad--maybe you have to have the sunset and waves to whet your appetite.

Love you,
Mom

Katelyn said...

That fish looks heavenly. I'm not so sure about that snail salad though. Hopefully when you get back, James will get used to the idea of not going to the beach everyday!

Abbie&Trevor said...

Looks like you are still in complete bliss! Poor Kimmie... I remember feeling so ready to pop and my baby still hanging in there. Good luck to her. I love her babies room. I wish the two of you could fly here and decorate my baby girls room.
P.S.
That fish head gave my belly the creeps:)

Heather said...

All the food looks so good. I love island food! Drew has a message for you:

Dear Aunt Jessica,

Thank you for the birthday writing. I hope you are having a good time on your trip. Have you seen any dolphins?

Love,
Drew

PS: What happened to my phone call?

Anonymous said...

Jessica! Oh how I have missed checking your adorable blog the last three days! So much has happened- had the baby! I will fill u in later. Thanks for thinking of me, you are the bestest friend I could ever ask for. Love ya!
Kimme

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation. It is so beautiful there. Reminds me of the "Impossible dream".

cathyg said...

Wow, Jessica! Your blogs are the best! Life is good through your eyes! Thanks for taking the time to share! I think I am finally caught up with all your posts and can't wait to see you this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...