Sunday, June 5, 2011

Like sand through an hourglass, so are the seasons of our lives:)...

I spent one semester in college as a summer’s visiting student at BYU Hawaii. It was bliss. 5% of my time was spent in the books, and the other 95% was spent hiking the Hawaiian hills or at the beach. It was by far the best summer of my single life.

I would say this Bahamas sabbatical in the sand is just as good, if not better. I feel much more fulfilled at this point in my life as a mother and wifey. But because I am toting a tot there are a few ways it's different from my Laie days...

1) Every time we visit the beach we bring half of it back with us. Thanks to all the sand we track in, the broom is my new best friend.

2) Beach bags take five times as long to pack...Call me Mary Poppins with everything I have to throw in my purse...diapers, bottles, snacks, 2 different kinds of spf, hats, towels, toys, I could go on forever baby.

3) As sure as the sea tides... we rise early with the retirees. We never see the sun during nap time (1-3), and we have yet to stay out to see the 9 pm Bahamian band down the street. I'm happily growing accustomed to a slower paced schedule.

4) Laying on a towel in a two piece has been replaced with playing with squirt guns in the shallow end.

5) I get to run around with a hot hubby and a little lifeguard who are loads cuter than any surfer dudes from the North Shore.

So to my single sistah's who are all going to Spain this summer (Lindsey, Carolyn, Savannah, and friends). Live it up, laying out, working on your tan, and barreling through those beach books. All seasons of life are sublime just remember to enjoy your towel time;)

Watersliding at the Wyndham hotel down the road. Just the right speed for an adrenalin junkie like James.
My favorite shade of polish for the summer. I am calling it Gwen Stefani Strawberry.

Apparently my son needed some rum...or at least a cold one. He insisted on sitting at the bar and flirting with the nice bartender. She didn't seem to mind and even hooked him up with a free mango mixer.
Someday when James tell us, "mom and dad, you never take me anywhere!"...I will just send him to the bloggidy blog about the Bahamas and that he lived like a king during his diaper days. Thank you, dear camera for capturing James's memories that seem to be as fleeting as the fluffy white clouds over our beach (and kindly leaving out the mistakes I make daily as a mommy) XOXO, Jess

8 comments:

Erin said...

I sure do miss our Laie days :) Your vacation looks amazing. I'm so jealous!

Heather said...

You sure have had a lot of grand adventures. I hope James remembers at least a little bit.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures, and the video even more! James is so darn adorable, I want to pinch him :) Your blog really does brighten up my day! P.S. love the nail polish and all the cute bathing suits you've been sporting!

Katelyn said...

I loved this post. I can't wait until I'm old enough to go on my own adventures. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Give James a hug from me

lulu said...

Yeah that definitely sounds like a different way of life but they both sound so good in their own way :)
but luckily you still look as hot as you did back in your laie days... hopefully i can be that way too! ;)

ColleenDown said...

I love the video-where do you find that perfect music?? So have you learned some new things with your camera or do you just get lucky with all your shots? I sort of doubt James will ever ask about why he doesn't go anywhere--the problem will be when the other siblings come along and wonder why they didn't get to go to the Bahamas.

cap said...

love it! I loved the pics, james is such a cute! miss you guys and thanks for the advice, I will take that whole heartedly and live by it during my time in Spain.

Brooke said...

What a cute family. I am so jealous of your Vacay. I too miss the towel days, How many hours did we spend laying out! You did forget to mention how many hours we lost waiting for buses:) That could make up for the time lost from naps now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...