Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Five years ago today I became Mrs. Gregory...

That title has nothing to do with the post, but it's a pretty exciting side note:) Now one last blog about the beach...

We said adieu to the Bahamas the best way we knew; a sunrise salutation and a morning swim...

Then we waved goodbye to the opal-ish ocean...
the tranquil beach...
the Bahamian song birds...
and the beautiful flowers.
Then we shook the sand out of our sandals, swept up shop, packed our bags, and headed back to the lone star state.
Helloooooooo Houston!
Here is our new Texas address. This photo is fuzzy from all the humidity.

Not the best shot, but it had my hubby's backside for my own posting pleasure;) Here is our temporary casa. We will probably live here for the summer until we find something more permanent. It is spacious and comfy, it just needed a bit of bleach and elbow grease before I would sit on the toilet seat.
After my cleaning spree we headed to Hermann Park. It's just a short metro ride away so I plan on spending the summer strolling with James in playgrounds, having picnics, and taking pictures.
And when we get too hot from all the walking we found a great spot to cool off.
Since we were back to square one, we headed to Sam's to restock the refrigerator. $200 later and we're back in business.
Over the weekend we took a road trip to Dallas to pick up some of our stuff John's Uncle Terry and Aunt Lydia were storing. I asked Lydia to give me Tex Mex cooking class so I can entertain y'all local style.
We were having such a nice time visiting we ended up staying an extra night. Lydia's cooking is like a lotus flower on the Percy Jackson movie we are watching as I type. Time seemed to stop and we just kept coming back for seconds.
John and I both agreed on the way home that good food with family is the essence of life.

Our weekend in Dallas was a good way to transition between the beach and getting back into the swing of things. Now I just have one last lap before I can really relax. Today I leave to meet with the movers to pack up our Utah house and then we will officially call Houston our home (last minute we decided to leave everything to help our house sell better). John and James are staying here in Houston with Grandma Gregory and James's twin cousins. They came to visit for the week before John starts work on Monday. Well, that's a wrap on our looooong up-date. See you soon famdamily.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

busy girl!!!!! congrats on your wedding anniversary :) love the pics as always

cap said...

You are such a good photographer! I love the dark one with you and james in the shadow. So pretty. I hope that I can get some beautiful pictures to capture my vaca. :) hope I get to see you while you are here!

Katelyn said...

I can't wait to see you tonight! Your pictures are beautiful as usual!

lulu said...

So happy you had a successful mini retirement and that life is getting back on track gracefully for you.
I am loving James' long hair. please don't cut it haha my boys will definitely have the hippy look too ;)

Cathy G said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the final pictures, I don't want to post my vacation because the pictures aren't as beautiful, but neither was the scenery we visited! Can't wait to see you!

ColleenDown said...

I hope that we can have another blogging lesson while you are here. I love the Houston pictures as much as the Bahamas--i guess location is not as important and the grandbabies in the picture. Looking forward to something besides a cyberhug tonight.

ColleenDown said...

P.S. Happy anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Gregory

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...