Friday, December 25, 2009

on the 11th day of Christmas my true love sent to me....

11 lbs of turkey roasting....
Attention... All my blogger friends of roommates past! I cooked my first turkey!!! Yes, I've come a lllllong way from the college days of not knowing how fry a hamburger pattie! And I only called my mom once..okay, maybe twice. I was in a bit of panic when I reached in and discovered a long extremity (the neck) tucked in the cavity of the bird. I screamed!
Oh, and a word to the wise... don't cook a turkey that weighs the same as your newborn baby. It was traumatic!

Voila...the finished product... what John and I will be feasting on for Christmas dinner.

The most important meal to John's family was always breakfast (hello, the Downs do Cheerios) so per John's request I have been trying to focus more on this meal. This was our Christmas eve brunch... quiche, cinnamon rolls, sausage. I feel like Julie and Julia, cooking my way through my mom's cookbook one recipe at a time.

James has the slightest dimple that I have been trying to capture.

For Christmas eve we headed over to my parents for dinner and presents. P.S. I won't be dittoing the Ann Taylor sweater anymore b/c my parents got me a gift certificate to go on a little shopping spree:)

Andy stealing a kiss from his girlfriend, Tauna underneath the mistletoe. Note to self: Buy mistletoe at after Christmas sale to spice things up at the Gregory house.

We rung in Christmas morning by going with my family to midnight mass to sing carols and listen to the story of Christ's birth.
I hope you all have the Merriest of Christmases and a Happiest of New Years!

3 comments:

cathyg said...

Wow Jessica! You cooked some amazing food! Love James' dimple and your whole blog! I am always happy when you add a new post! Can't wait to see what you get at Ann Taylor! Post pictures!

Aubrie West said...

Love it! I am very impressed, my no-bake roommate has finally got the cooking bug. I cooked my first Turkey today as well for Greg's family. Love you girl.

Heather said...

You are so domestic! I am impressed. Nest Thanksgiving at your house?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...