Thursday, December 17, 2009

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

four loaves of bread
I think if I bake 4 loaves a day for the next week I might meet my quota for spreading Christmas cheer to neighbors, coworkers, and friends. One day down, loads more to go. Sheesh... being a wifey is hard work! Thank goodness for this fast yummy poppy seed recipe my mom gave to me over the phone as I stressfully wondered the grocery store aisles.

Poppy Seed Cake

1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 pkg (3 oz.) instant French vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup thick sour cream
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. rum flavoring
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. poppy seeds

Combine all ingredients. Blend well on low speed, then beat at medium for 5 min.
Pour batter into well greased, lightly floured loaf pans. Bake 350 for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 min. then remove from pan. Sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar.

The above picture made me LOL! This sign is appropriate for so many aspects of life.
I would like to personally ditto the following for Christmas:

This comfy yet classy outfit from Ann Taylor Loft (my new favorite store) to wear to my Christmas parties.

The above gorgeous outdoor Christmas decor from Pottery Barn. Actually, since I am dittoing, I'll just take the whole house!

And last but not least, I ditto this couple in St. Lucia. B/c after all this baking, I think I will need a serious vacay!

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

She bakes, she blogs, she pottery barns, oh my--it is so nice to pass the torch to the next generation, so I can just sit on my butt and say Ditto to my girls.

Cheryl said...

I love how your knack for style and fashion shows itself in everything you do. It's an awesome talent, and I'm glad you enjoy it. Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...