Thursday, December 10, 2009

Back Blogged, Thanksgiving


I'm sure everyone is sick of Thanksgiving leftovers... and blog posts:) But b/c this is the spot we document our lives...Here is James first Thanksgiving. Above, he was modeling his Juicy Couture jumper. Which explains why I am STILL modeling my maternity dress below. Now I spend all my mula making my little man look good. It is official, I really am a mom..so selfless:)

John spent the morning playing in the ward turkey bowl. Check out the fabulous view from the field. He made the winning touch down...and got a very FAT lip in the process. It made him look like he had lip injections... lol. It was hott! With two t's:)

I stayed at home slaaaving over the stove. (Picture me with hand on brow). Thanksgiving pasts were really stressful b/c I was busy with work and didn't know how to cook. This year, I actually had time to plan and fix a few of John's fav's...And I even cooked with Christmas music in the background. Being a mom is bomb.com!
Oh and if you need a quick treat for neighbors. Make these belly buttons. SO easy and YUMMY.
Line your pretzels up on a baking sheet. Top each one with a Hershey Kiss. Stick them into a 350 oven for about 5 minutes, or until the kisses look shiny and are melted through. Take them out and stick a m&m on top. Cool and enjoy.

"These boots were made for feasting"....All the girl cousins were sporting their winter boots.. so of course, we posed for a picture. I am the only cous not blonde. It makes me want to book an appointment with my hairstylist ASAP.. b/c these gals really do have more fun.

Cute picture of Chelsea and James
John and I ended the day snuggled with our little guy in front of the fire and the movie White Christmas. Such a good way to ring in the holiday season.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Fun times. It seems like all day Thanksgiving we were crossing paths. I did get to try your fabulous apple pie though.

ColleenDown said...

Love the new blog look (hope White Christmas wasn't copyrighted). Love the pictures of James. Loved the food. Love the cousin picture sans Heather. Love that my girls blog!

Anonymous said...

Jess! James is smiling in that picture, he is so cute! and I do live the Juicy Jumpsuit!

Dave said...

Glad John wasn't around so I could totally dominate the Down family football contest..

cathyg said...

Jessica, first I love your holiday page! I may have to make the switch to the shabby blog page! Second, I love your post and seeing James and hearing what you are up to! I love those pretzel treats too!

Gulbransen Family said...

So I was looking at the pictures on you header and I noticed that your child is a Sooner fan like mine is. Lucky men! He is very adorable and you look like you are very happy.

MOLLY said...

white christmas has been a favorite of mine since 1980!!! er something. i haven't introduced it to todd yet because i'm not sure he would appreciate the "sisters" act. and i can't have him criticizing it. ..i know how you feel about all the clothing money going to baby clothes. i have been wearing left overs ever since sailor came into the world except the occasional bday/xmas present, but sailor is well dressed most of the time and that's all that matters!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...