Friday, December 18, 2009

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

5 hours sleep!
Last night James gave me the gift of 5 hours of sleep between feedings. As you can see by his rolls, this is kind of a big deal. I felt completely...okay, somewhat... revitalized to face my day:)
He loves our morning workout sessions and thinks I'm doing a performance solely for his entertainment. And, he's just like me after I watch the Biggest Loser...wants to eat a ton, and take a nap.

My mom used to read me a book when I was little called Strega Nona. It was about a guy who made a pot of noodles that kept growing and growing until they took over the town. Today, I could relate as I cooked 16 boxes of spaghetti for the ward Christmas party. My kitchen felt like a spaghetti sauna. I'm counting on cleaned out pores as a blessing for my serviceable deed:)


For the party we had an Italian restaurant theme and the youth were the waiters. I don't think any of the food was sent back, so I'll gauge that as a successful night.
ONE WEEK TIL CHRISTMAS PEEPS... must get shopping:)

3 comments:

Heather said...

5 hours, hooray! That's more than Eli's been giving us lately.
I'm so glad you survived your Spaghetti project and you did not ride is out of the house in a tidal wave like poor Anthony in Strega Nona.

cathyg said...

Way to go Jessica! Just today I was wondering if you had to do a Christmas party! The answer is yes! Love your daily blogs!

Cheryl said...

Three cheers for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...