Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love sent to me.....

Two Studious Students..
After today John will be halfway done with his Chemical Engineering Masters Degree. Try saying the name of this text book ten times fast. It cracks me up every time I see it sitting amongst my fashion magazines. It looks a bit out of place:) And, you know you're taking a serious class when your professor begins his lecture lighting his pipe, then proceeds to use it as a pointer. For reals, I saw his video.

My mom finished her last paper today too. I'm so proud. She is pretty much done with her masters degree (besides an extra credit she is taking for kicks).
She has had straight A's the entire time and her professors are constantly raving about her mad writing skills. I'm sure I will blog more about it when she walks in the Spring. But for now, WAY TO GO PROFESSOR MOM!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am impressed with both of their mad skills! And who took the really nice picture of your mom? Love it!

Isaac Family said...

That is awesome Jess! Good for both of them. I hope that you know how darling you are... you and your family! You are such a cute mom and it looks like things are going so well. I'm happy for you!

ColleenDown said...

Oh Jessica, you are too kind. (and I did get that darn B+ in Shakespeare-the bard did me in). I can only imagine what would have happened had I attempted a thermodynamics class. Hopefully now, with the second day of Christmas already behind, I can, like the BYU football team, focus on family, food and friends.

Heather said...

Both are serious troopers. I don't envy that end of term stress they must both be feeling right now.

Tim said...

Jessica, I love how you always compliment others on your blog! I'm impressed with John and Colleen getting through school along with the rest of their "real" lives! It was fun to see you today! PS I blogged with Tim's account, this is Cathy!

Britney said...

Your mom is such an inspiration! i got a kick out of her book. Atta girl! And congratulations to John! Phew, just reading the title on that book makes me tired. Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...