Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers...

Maybe it’s the rain but right now I feel like crying. We are packing up our things and moving to a state I haven’t even stepped foot in in less than three weeks, my hubby has been MIA for pretty much a month now, and my beloved little house isn't exactly selling like hotcakes, which is causing a bit of stress, to say the least ...So to counter act this Debbie Downer doo-dah day, I am taking my personal form of Prozac- which is posting pictures of the things I love...

Spring has finally sprung. At least down on the campus of BYU where they can afford lots of fertilizer to kick start the season. We headed down there Saturday between errands to show James where our little fam all began...

This is cheesy but I always thought I remembered heaven. But now I know it was because my parents would take us to this pretty campus when we were kiddos. Don't get me wrong... It wasn't so angelic when I was a student and was failing American Heritage. But now that time has healed those wounds it is a wonderful place to take a seat and reflect and reminisce our dating days.
animated gif maker

I love spring and all the stepping stones of life that often take place during this time. My good friend from high school and skiing buddy, Dustin, tied the knot. What a glowing cute couple they make!
A few more BYU blooms.
And speaking of monumental events. Abbie had her 2nd baby, a girl named Vivianne on Friday. Oh, how this brings a big smile to my face. I can't wait to hold her little bundle! Sorry to go all "Catfish" on you, Abbie and steal this pic but it was too cute! (Sidenote: If you haven't seen the Sundance film Catfish you should!.. Captivating, creepy, and compassionate wrapped up into a cinematic masterpiece... Okay, it wasn't that good, but you still should see it:))

And speaking of masterpieces check out this cake Andy made at school. I love how proud of his work he is in this photo. Andy is so in love (more literally than we would like sometimes;) with his dear teachers. I don't mention enough how truly thankful I am for all they do for my brother and his friends. They are absolute angels who go above and beyond their call of duty and I don't know what our family would do with out them!
James had a sleepover with his cousins. There was lots of Spiderman because James was still recovering from his 18 month old shots - I don't think they minded too much.
James says, "Eli snores:)"

I wish a wonderful little family would buy our home and love and care for her like we do. Yup, I think of my home as a real person with real thoughts and feelings. And I take it personal when perspective buyers put their noses up because of things like an unfinished basement or too many steps. She has been so good to us and it breaks my heart to leave her behind. Note to self: Look into mobile home options in Houston to save myself from heart ache.

The trees down our street are in full bloom
I have lots to be thankful for and I am sure I will find lots to love in the great state of Texas too. So thanks for humoring me, World Wide Web, while this girl tries to turn her frown up-side down. Now back to my baby cakes because before I know it, he is going to be a big kid begging for the car keys.

6 comments:

ColleenDown said...

O.K. I have been trying really hard to be positive about all the "changes"--I was holding up pretty well until this post-unfortunately posting blogs is not prozac for my soul..I am going to have to find something else to wipe the tears away...I wish I could buy your house for Andy then everyone would be happy. (And don't you even think of buying a mobile home down there in tornado/hurricane alley!)

Heather said...

A beautiful post as usual. We are going to miss you guys so much! We are all going to miss you and your beautiful house. Thanks for having my kiddos over. Yes, Eli does snore.

Chelsea said...

Beautiful pics! you will most definitely leave your awesome footprint on Texas and they will be very blessed to have you there:)

cap said...

oh I don't want you to go! I wish I could afford your beautiful house then I would just take care of it for you! I wish you the best down there and remember everyone is only a phone call away (to say the least I spent a lot of time on the phone with my family when I was away because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it through). I hope I can come to the tea party to send you off!

Michelle Wilkes said...

As a new resident of the state you are also about to claim as home, let me just say, I feel your pain. Leaving our home was the hardest part. (What does that say about us? Don't answer. We missed the people, too, we just didn't cry the last time we looked at them!)

Anonymous said...

Dustin, Andy, Abbie! FIrst of all, great pic of the newly weds, really wish I could have been there! Second of all, Andy is so darn adorable! I miss your family too much. And third of all, how does Abbie look so fantastic preggo??!! Need to know her secret cus I really do just 'give up' as soon as I know I'm expecting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...