Monday, April 11, 2011

Canada Coming to a Close...

When John asked me how our trip was, the word that summed it up best was nice...

Nice to stay up late painting nails and having girl talk in Kimme’s comfy king-size bed.

Nice to laugh until I cried more than a couple of times.

Nice to shop with my soul sistah.

Nice to be able to sit and not have to say anything at all.

Nice to be able to chitchat about nothing and not have to count cell minutes.

Nice to hang out with someone who knows the good, the bad...and about the ugly middle school years, and still thinks I am swell.Bold

Nice to not be on dinner duty and eat Kimme's crazy good Canadian cuisine.

Nice to spend hours playing at the park with our boys with someone who can take as many pictures with their Cannon as I can.

Nice to commiserate with someone who has also birthed an crazy big baby

Nice to do this all in such breathtaking scenery and the comfort of Kimme’s chic casa.

Kimme: Thanks for the really nice (times ten) time. I can’t wait to repay the hospitality in

Houston.

Now for a little Nanaimo nastaligia)...

We saw some other mamas doing this on the beach with their kids and it looked bubbletastic so we gave it a try. Just buy bubbles, dip your stick, and wait for the sea breeze to do all the blowing. Not being out of breath and having the boys be completely captivated for twenty minutes...Priceless. (But for my pocketbook's sake...it was nice the bubble tube only cost a dollar at Walmart:)
After we all took a nice long nap we headed to the pier to take a ferry to an island for lunch at the Dingy Doc Pub.
My seafaring son might have sailing in his future

Er...maybe not. I thought he would be enthralled with being out on the open water but he hardly even noticed and was more entertained with a screw than the fabulous scenery.
Arrh, matey... meet the captain of our boat.. I know I am jumping the gun. But I'm sorta excited for my son to appreciate all things pirate.
I wished I got more pics of this fabulous little island and pub but it freaked me out to put James down around all this cold water. So all pictures were taken with toddler on hip.
Freshest fish and chips of my life. Some how we don't get the same caliber of seafood in Salt Lake;)
The boys got to try their hand at fishing.
make a <span class=
Okay, maybe he has a better chance of being a drummer than a fisherman:)


Dessert time... Chris and Kimme know how to show my tummy a good time.
And, If you give your kids a sugar filled cupcake...
They might get a bit crazy and make you play a game of catch me if you can.

I may or may not have spent the last few days convalescing on the couch from a serious friendship hangover. Too much sugar, late nights, early mornings, and McDonald's might have taken it's toll... along with detouring mission swimsuit season. But I would do it all again in a Naniamo minute. I can't thank you enough, Chris and Kimme, for the fabulous Canadian vacay!

1 comment:

ColleenDown said...

It will never cease to amaze me how James clothes match the landscape, boat whatever. Do you just keep several sets with you at all times?? You must have posted these today because you miss the green here in the land of the gray!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...