Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Phi of Pebble Throwing...

I had a little time to spare since John was stuck at his office with homework, so on the way home from Heather’s I stopped to test this Hypothesis: How long can my son throw stones in water until his little heart’s content?

Materials: pebbles, water, my camera- to keep this mama from going cuckooJ

Data: 5:00 begins throwing rocks. 5:15 still throwing rocks. 6:15 throwing even bigger rocks. 6:30 experiment aborted.

Conclusion: Inconclusive. I only lasted an hour and a half because I was hungry. All I know is, I wish I had a little lake in our living room with plenty of pebbles to divert my son while I cook dinner.

Side Note: Somehow doing science made me feel smart since John is sitting next to me typing his typical chicken scratch homework that more closely resembles a language from a galaxy far far away.

I guess it is safe to say this science experiment went stone cold. Next time I won’t watch the clock, will pack a picnic, and plan to stay for the day. Cheers to toddlers who never tire of skipping rocks, and to the man upstairs who made plenty of them to spare. Now this mamma is signing off and hitting the hay. Sleep tight my sweet bloggidy blog.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, you are an adventurer. Props to you for lasting so long. At least you will have plenty of time to retest your hypothesis come next month.

Dale said...

" I wish I had a little lake in our living room with plenty of pebbles to divert my son while I cook dinner."

Just hand him some pebbles. That'll keep him busy even without the lake.

ColleenDown said...

At first I thought these were more Canada pictures then I realized that Utah has beautiful places too! Maybe I will buy a bag of rocks at Home Depot this spring to keep by my pond!

ColleenDown said...

So cute. At least this Summer he will be throwing rocks to his heart's content.--Kate

The Vreelands said...

How fun. Little boys are too cute.

Anonymous said...

love it! wish cassius and i were there...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...