Monday, April 25, 2011

The Only Thing I Know About Thermodynamics ....

Is that it makes me hot for my honey...

John presented his final project and passed with flying colors on Friday. The meaning of what he was saying lost me at two phase flow. But I must admit, I was completely mesmerized by his beautiful mind the moment he pulled out his laser pointer. Yup, I've never been a mathematical girl, but a man who can calculate heat and other such things has me at hello...

I wanted to post pictures of him standing in front of his board of professors looking all presidential, but when I asked him if I could bring my camera he replied, please don’t. Soooo, here is an excerpt from his report instead. I just prettied it up a bit in Picnik...b/c in my humble opinion, Thermodynamics needs a little somethin' somethin' to catch my attention:)
John impressed his graduate committee so much that they asked him to come back and be a guest speaker on his subject. I am so proud. And we must really be one as a couple because I kind of feel like I am graduating too. I have a hopeful, excited, spring time-ish feeling. Like when I graduated highs school and college.
So what is he going to do now after 7 years of enduring classes like Multi-component Mass Transfer and Fluid Mechanics? He is sailing away to the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean. And lucky for James and I, we're tagging along. Our first stop is Houston for a week long sailing certification course (and hopefully find a temporary house for when we have to get back to reality). Then we will leave for our new casa on Cable Beach in the Bahamas. We are throwing caution to the wind and celebrating John's hard work with a month long mini-retirement inspired by Four Hour Work Week (a book that teaches how to maximize your time, travel cheap, and live on less....Not all his philosophies are feasible, but it was still life changing for us) Anyway, we've been dreaming about doing something like this for about four years now and I can't believe we are at a place in our life where we can actually do it. And we have an empty room for any of you who would like to come join us for a sabbatical in the sand.
Now one last shout out to my honey for having lots of true grit to graduate, get a new job, and look dang good doing it. XOXO.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

You have all my respect - both of you!!! John, Congratulations on every level!!!! I have more of a mathematical mind than Jessica, and it all looked like gibberish to me!. I admire you for completing the degree, getting a great job, planning an adventure, and having a sweet vacation to boot!! (Can you sense a little jealousy???) Truly, I admire your accomplishments and wish you nothing but fabulous things as you take your wings and fly. We'll miss you all tons, but I'll always encourage a little travel adventure. Enjoy!!!

Heather said...

Congrats John! What an accomplishment. And good job Jessican for holding down the fort while Jon was at school. You guys are living the dream.

ColleenDown said...

Congratulations--too bad there isn't any time left for one final Derby's Girl lunch where John could be the featured speaker. You are going to have to buy one of those "spy" cameras to keep in your purse for just such times as these. I am glad to know that the future is in such competent hands.

cathyg said...

Congratulations on a great post! Seriously, what an accomplishment and now enjoy the celebration and the new adventure and keep us all posted with pictures!

lulu said...

Soo happy for you both!! Congrats John for all that hard-work! I am so jealous about your early retirement trip! I will have to check out that book & put an early retirement trip on my to-list with my future hubby :)

excited to see you this week at the tea party!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...