Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Holla, to hallowed grounds...

I think anything dedicated to the lord whether it is a song, a painting, or a place of worship has a special spirit that surrounds it. And the temple by our house is no exception. It has such an awe inspiring aura, and I am going to miss our bike rides to it's sacred grounds so much.
Here is one more thing I am going to miss and want to reminisce about. Our bike rides through Draper to my mom’s house. They just extended the Porter Rockwell bike path to pretty much my mom’s front door. And I am so sad we’ve only had this past month to utilize it. Without the temple and Nana’s to ride our bikes to we are going to have to find new destination, since I only like to pedal if I have a purpose:)

This place doesn't hold a special place in my heart, but check out this balcony my brother and his friend built with their bare hands. (That just reminded of this summer when my 8yr old nephew, Drew, caught a fish with his bare hands and his younger brother Isaac said, “Drew, stop telling everyone you caught it with your "bear" hands. You don’t have bear hands, you have people hands:).”) Ha ha. Anyway, I was pretty impressed that they designed this themselves and built it from scratch. Who knew my bro was such an Iron Man?!

Well I guess I better get studying for our sailing course. I just found out last night that our certification might be a bigger dealio than I thought and saying we might have overextended ourselves is an understatement. Yup, I have boat loads to do, and I just want to pack up James and pedal to these places. Hmmph...I think I will do my to-do's tomorrow... B/c it is a beautiful day, and for now, my family is only a bike ride away.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous pictures, I can't wait to see the pictures you take of your new destinations, though I wish they were closer to me.

ColleenDown said...

Love the pictures! I feel better knowing that Zac does have a "real" job--i want a balcony for my courtyard. So where are the chickens? And finally, you aren't sailing around the world are you?-I hate to have to add pirates to my list of things to worry about.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the reminders of hallowed grounds. They are beautiful, for sure.

My mind is rushing with all the ideas of things Zac could make for me!! Hmmmmm... He does beautiful work.

And now as I sit on my couch, I'm thinking that I'd better get to be more like Jessica who bikes all over town pulling a toddler! No wonder you look like you do!

Chelsea said...

i kind of want chickens now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...