Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Cajun Celebration...


Ever since I could remember my mom has rocked holidays better than the Rockefellers. And Mardi Gras is no exception. Each year she sets out her masks and beads and makes homemade Gumbo to commemorate my Great Grandma Nana who was from the French Quarter of New Orleans. Now let's get the party started...

Throw my bros a few beads and they will give you a show.

My hubby over a stove makes me hot!

Good thing Fat Tuesday just comes once a year. Because I have no self control when it comes to Cajun Cuisine! Mmmm!!!
Gracias...or I guess merci would be more appropriate :)... Merci everyone for the great Mardi Party! Next year I’ll host in Houston! And we can make a mecca to Louisiana...though I’m not so sure that party will be nearly as PG:)

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Why is it that I see a colander of shrimp on the counter and a few spices and you see art? I am so impressed with the B&W/color pictures--you have to share your secrets--and when did you have time to do this-sounds like neither you or James slept last night! (Time for some leftovers:-)

cathyg said...

Wow! Colleen throws the awesome party and Jessica blogs it in an amazing way! Props to both of you! Looks like great fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...