Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hello March...


Here is our kitchen... one place in our house so spic and span James could lick any surface and I wouldn’t make him stop. What inspired this spring cleaning scrubbing spree? We are putting our house on the market next week and housing sales aren’t exactly hoppin' in our neck of the woods...so I have to have a little motivation.

Trying to get our entire place spotless at once is like competing against that jogging Jamaican from the Olympics. Right when I am getting close to coming out ahead, James puts his turbo mess making abilities to the test and leaves me in the dust-literally. I’m sure everyone is rolling their eyes because I only have one kiddo...It shouldn't be this hard. But I hate that housework is my new hobby when I’d rather be enjoying our spring-ish weather. And even though John is loving his new cleaning queen counterpart, I’d much prefer to live in a little bit of comfy clutter then wear that crown.

My washing dishes view. The sunshine was beckoning me to put down that dang scrub brush all day.
make avatar
James having his first major meltdown. I wouldn't let him eat his cereal on the couch while he watched Cat in the Hat. I am sure this is going to get old super fast so I thought I better capture while I still thought it was cute.

And don't worry...two minutes later he was ready to to eat his cheerios and cheese it up for the camera.

8 comments:

The Vreelands said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful! I hope you are not moving too far away...

Britney said...

Don't ya love having a clean house?! Unfortunately it can't last too long, no matter if you have 1 or 5 kiddos. Where you moving to?! Did John get the job in Texas?

ColleenDown said...

Looks like a model home--kind of like my kitchen!

Katelyn Nicole said...

I'm still not ready to think about you moving so far away :( But if you need help with James, just drop him off and I will watch him for as long as you want!

Anonymous said...

your house looks great! I started to clean too, we will be putting ours on the market soon- we look for houses this Friday! I love the picture of James crying. I can't help but marvel at how much you two look alike. I keep thinking of that picture of you and heather when you guys were little...I can't remember if Katelyn is in it but anyways, James looks just like his mama!

Sam Whitney Preslie said...

im so sad you are moving... it is bitter sweet because you will be so missed but at the same time it is going to be such an adventure for you guys!
jealous of the clean house... you can help me any time :)

Romney said...

Your kitchen looks perfect! Definitely ready to sell! I'm bummed you guys are moving so far, but we'll have to come visit before it's too far to come see you! And I love that picture of James!

Abbie&Trevor said...

Can you come clean my house??? I think you have found your calling:) I don't think I could ever get my kitchen that spotless. Nice work!!!
I don't love the reminder that you will be moving away from us. What will I do without my James and Jessica fix???
I can't wait for a nice relaxing girls day next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...