Monday, March 7, 2011

We're Goin' Through the Big "D"...


And I do mean Dallas...Okay not really Dallas but that was a catchy title and it’s close enough to where we really are going...Houston is the place we will be calling home in few short months. We will live there about a year and then I might be blogging from under a Burka in Saudi Arabia. But my pictures might be at a premium because I just read I could get my hand chopped off if I take a photo of anything questionable... i.e. other women, holy sites, dignitaries... But, don’t worry, mom...It should still be perfectly safeJ

John got a job with ExxonMobil...And they have lots of expat opportunities available to anyone who is up for an adventure. Our first interview with Exxon was way back in September and John has had countless since. It is quite the opportunity considering they only choose the brightest engineer BYU grads so we feel blessed to have been selected. But boy, am I going to miss my fam, friends, and mountains. Thank goodness for the internet that keeps us all connected. Sometimes it feels like my BFF, Kimme in Canada lives so far away it might as well be on the moon, but we’ve been able to keep in touch practically ten years now. So with a little elbow grease, it can be done. So to all my peeps out there: Please don't stop posting pictures and if you could take a few of my marvelous mountains I would be much obliged...and I'll be sure to take some of the sand for anyone craving a warmer, beachier land:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me tear up! I am going to miss coming home from school and having you and James here. :( James can really rock cowboy boots though!--Katelyn

Laura said...

Wow Jessica! What an adventure you are starting! I love your blog and pictures. Good luck with all!

ColleenDown said...

I so thought this post was going to be about James new tantrums--although I can't think of a D word that means pseudo-tantrum. You had better just keep blogging--just keep an eye on your hands!

Erin said...

Wow, that sounds exciting! You're such a good sport! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...