Monday, March 14, 2011

Seven Sure Signs of Spring...


1) My toes are taking a break from the wool socks they've worn all winter.

2) pre-blossom pompoms on the branches outside our kitchen window.

3) My amaryllis bulbs John bought me have bloomed.

This year I've discovered the magic of watching simple brown bulbs grow to towering flowers. And the best part...I can replant them next year for a rerun of the blossoming phenomenon.

4) Picnics on the porch

5) The painful process of selecting swim wear. Now two months to get my twenty-seven year old tushy to fit in this itsy bitsy bathing suit.

6) Babies
Whether the baby birds in the bushes or the new bundles several of my friends will soon be bringing home, there is a feeling of renewal and rebirth in the air.
This is from Abbie's shower over the weekend. The decor was darling. I loved the tutu on the bottom of the cupcake holder. It is so fun to see so much pink!
7) Playing in the park without our parkas
Draper Park looked as crowded as Central Park this weekend with all the families enjoying the sunshine.
Stay tuned...It wont be long now before these branches are weighed down with "popcorn popping." And you bet... James, me, and Canon the camera will be there basking under the cherry blossoms:)

5 comments:

lulu said...

oh how i love posts that remind me spring is coming slowly but surely.
also... LOVE that bathing suit and I haven't found one yet. I must know where you got it??

jessica&john.com said...

Thanks Linds, It's funny, when I bought it I thought it reminded me of your style. I got it at Dillards for $50. It was the first and only one I tried on b/c I was with James and John. So I got lucky. I HATE swimsuit shopping!

ColleenDown said...

I am holding you to your word that these are "sure signs!" I love the ammarylis, however you spell that, they are so different from the ones I had. So amazing how your whole life is color coordinated--just like the Pier 1 spring catalog!

Chelsea said...

cute swim suit!!!! lover your shoes and toes too:) make sure you bring your rain boots and umbrella when you come up here lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, how excited am I to have you come visit! I am especially looking forward to you painting my chubby toes to look as cute as yours-I promise I won't make you do it ten times like last time :)
p.s. love the swimsuit :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...