Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sudsing Up My Outlook...

Today I was already to write a sob story about how hard my day was. This afternoon our realtor called and told me people were coming by to look at our house in an hour. I had finally put James down for a nap after him being awake since four a.m. and my house was a total wreck! Ten short minutes later the door bell rang. I answered in my pajamas to a realtor and a swanky set of strangers. I asked them to come back but they had a flight to catch and said this was my only chance (I know I'll love this buyers market eventually, but right now it sorta stinks:) James was immediately woken up by the sound of their voices while they scowled around our messy house. After they left I was humiliated and feeling sorry for myself because of the whole situation.

Then later today, I was completely humbled by the heart-wrenching pictures of the tsunami. I am so lucky to have a house, my health, and a usually happy baby. Especially when so many lives have been turned completely upside down. As a parent, I can only imagine how scary the threat of radiation on your family would be. My heart and prayers go out to all the people who are suffering so much right now.

So I am trying to turn my poor me post into a pledge: I will be better about counting my blessing instead of sweating the small stuff. Because even when life isn't so sparkling clean, we still have a healthy baby boy who gives us an "ultra" helping of "joy" each and every day.

1 comment:

Cathy G said...

Such a great post, Jessica! It is good to keep things in perspective, but sometimes we could also just use a little sleep! I hope James sleeps tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...