Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Rest Stop on the Road of Life...

We have our crazy weeks, like everyone...with busy church callings, design work, Dr. appointments, to do’s lists, etc. But b/c of the advice of so many mommies who have gone before me, I've tried to set aside days to savor this sweet time in our life, just James and me. So we cuddle on the couch, read books, take baths, make scrambled eggs for breakfast, bake bread, go on bike rides, swim, and take long naps. Yup, sometimes I feel like I am living the life of a millionaire...minus all the mula:) And I am not going to apologize...B/c I know this time of my life is like fleeting seconds in the grand scheme of things.
Hopefully, more kiddos will come...there will be carpooling, homework, meetings, and then a career again. But for now, I will bask in the blissfulness of taking things at a toddlers pace...and blog about it, because in my book...retrospect makes these memories that much better:)...

Our bike ride to the temple last night
Saying I am taking things at a toddlers pace was a silly simile since I can't capture James in a picture without it being blurry. My boy is always on the go.

There were lots of other spectators Monday night to watch the sunset...
Bambi and his momma

Sand traps make the perfect sandboxes. We are going to miss our make-believe beach once Spring has sprung and golfers are ready to get their game on.

This was the biggest moon in 18 years. I wonder where I will be when it is that big again. All I know is that after seeing so many spectacular winter sunsets, is that every season has its perks. So I am excited for what lies down the road as well..

It sounds like nap time is over, so this sister is signing off:) Happy hump day:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you got a shot of the moon, I saw it the other day but didn't have a camera, I thought that I need to be more like you and weld it to my wrist. I love the picture with the mountains and grass, that is another keeper. I can't wait to see what you do with beaches and desert sand!

ColleenDown said...

Looks like Jake is hijacking my account now!

Heather said...

Good on you to take the time now; it gets busy so much faster than you think.

Ha, you mean you'll miss those sand traps beaches when it's spring and you are living on an actual beach?

Michelle Wilkes said...

O.K. I had no idea about the moon, but I did notice how big it was and I didn't have so much trouble driving home at night...
And you are so lucky to be a great photographer, you will have captured so many of these sweet days/moments with James. My one mother regret is that I don't have more/better pictures. They do grow so fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...