Friday, March 11, 2011

Packin' in playdates before we're packing to leave...


While I was working, it was hard to find time to develop deep relationships. But ever since James came to stay, I’ve been able to strengthen my friendships with some fabulous gals while we play.

This is our trip to Thanksgiving Point on Tuesday with Alison and Austin. I don’t know how I would have survived my awkward 9th grade years without this girl. I am so glad we’ve been able to reconnect over the last couple of years. She is always up to take our tykes swimming and Austin has as much (maybe more) energy as James... so we can really relate...and let our boys run wild while we chitchat.

I love that little boys can be so entertained with pebbles and a pot of water.
Jana has been my back door neighbor for five years now but we didn’t meet until I had James. Note to self...meet all the neighbors in new home b/c a bff could live right at your back door. She has a little girl that James adores and she is a domestic cookie making goddess. So on some of our playdates she’s been teaching me her tricks of the trade. The other day I helped her bake for bunco night. Her cookies are so pretty, I made her pose.

Abbie was a manager of my favorite furniture store when we were working full time and we’ve been friends ever since. We are kindred spirits because of our love for fashion, the outdoors, and being mamas. I am going to miss this gal so much but know we will be able to keep in touch thanks to technology. Abbie and I went and got pedicures yesterday since she is about to pop with baby # dos. She is such a pretty prego mom and I wish I could have looked as beautiful when I had my bun in the oven.


Our casa is officially on the market. Ahhh... my sanctuary...my one house love...my second hubby. Okay maybe that's pushing it... But oh, how I adore this house. I wanted to live here until I died then been buried by bunny underneath the apple tree. We've already had a couple of nibbles but how I'd love to sell to someone we know. So if you know of anyone... we want to sell it fast, so it is a steal of a deal for the area! Photo tour here.

5 comments:

ColleenDown said...

So you need to get the pictures from the realtor and put it in your portfolio--it certainly is a "model" home. It is fun to see the faces behind the girls who comment on your blog.

cathyg said...

So sad to see your house on the market, but wow, it's beautiful! Glad to see what you do during the day, it always looks so fun. Can you animate my laundry pile and make it look fun, too??

Abbie&Trevor said...

Thanks for spending a fun girls day with me. Stop posting moving pictures!!! It is making me more sad every time I read it. Thanks for you support at my shower today. You just fit in with my little family:)

Heather said...

What great friends. Your house looks amazing in that virtual tour. Like a magazine spread!

Anonymous said...

You need to work for House Beautiful.
You will love Texas, my home State.
nan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...