Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ahoy Mommies...

After two days of intense training on the sea, this sister can now say she’s a sailor...err... sort of:) At least I passed my tests, tied my knots, and trimmed the sails. It just took a bit of blood, sweat, and tears...literally sweat and tears (the skipper shouted at me and made me cry in front of the crew.) But somehow I survived to tell the tale. Just a word to the wise...Sailing is way more complicated than cute Sperry shoes, and stylin’ stripy sweaters!

This is probably the most exciting thing we've done all year but thanks to all the stress [scary skipper] I hardly have any pictures to show for it.
But, I am hearting the Houston coast and busy boardwalk, so I plan to spend plenty of time photoing around this pier in the future!
John sets sail tomorrow for three days out at sea for the hard core certifications (I just wanted to know how to steer the boat, besides that, I plan to spend my time sunbathing on the bow:)
I am headed to Oklahoma to get James from his Grandma and Grandpa Gregory's. How I miss my little man this Mother's Day.
I hope all my peeps had a perfect mom's day!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, you've only been gone since Friday, and you're already having exciting adventures! I'm sorry he made you cry, but I'm so proud of you for overcoming it! I'll be cheering for John on his trip this week. Before we know it, you guys are going to be buying a sailboat and hitting the seas. Wow!

Watch for deer on your trip to OK! I hope you enjoy an awesome belated Mother's Day!

lulu said...

It all sounds so exciting Jess! Can't wait to see pics of you out sailing in the Bahamas! (and yes you better be dressed in stripes ;)

Happy Mother's Day to one cute mama!

ColleenDown said...

Yelled at you on Mother's Day-how rude! (Maybe I am glad though because then i don't have to worry so much about you capsizing the boat) Glad you passed. I bet you are anxious to get back to James. I can tell that this blog is going to get even more interesting than it has already been. Houston Travel and Tourism has no idea what they just landed!

Heather said...

Whoa, what an adventure! I think you are so brave for doing that! I am glad that you were only 2 for 3 of blood, sweat, and tears.

Lindsay said...

Wow, that sounds exciting, Jess! Those blasted skippers can sure lay it on hard. Glad it turned out good in the end though. Happy Mother's Day!

Chelsea said...

Enjoy your adventures and keep em coming! cause im living through you:)

Cathy G said...

Sounds like tons of fun (except for the stressful, crying part!) Love the colorful water picture and all the rest too! Keep it coming!

ColleenDown said...

Where are you???

cap said...

love the pics! I'm so jealous! I want to be near the ocean right now!! hope you are having fun darling! miss you lots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...