Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Postcards from Paradise...

Dear John... that sounds like we are breaking up...Dear Hot hubby,

Thanks for being such a good saver and not letting me have my way back in the day when I wanted new Nordstrom jeans, or I didn’t want to drive my old Honda from high school. If only I could have seen these pictures when I needed a little more patience I wouldn’t have put up such a fight. XOXO.

Dear Mom,

This is me posing with a book from the “library” that they have here at the apartments. Library is in quotations because it is an entire room brimming with hot and steamy romance novels left from passing tourists. But don’t worry, As sultry as this Sheikh sounds (and I am not going to lie...Danielle Steel has sucked me in once or twice in the past) I won’t disappoint my academic momma. I will order something a bit more thought provoking from Amazon for my kindle. Any recommendations?

Dear Primary Teachers,

The song about the foolish man building his house on the sand is so not true! It must have been written by someone who had never been to the Bahamas. Who cares if occasionally the floods came up and rains came down and washed his house away? The "foolish" man can always rebuild his bamboo hut in an afternoon and be back sipping daiquiris in the shade by sundown. In my book, the foolish man is the dude who builds his house on a blustery boulder in the boondocks:)

Dear Kimme,

Remember in middle school, when we use to beg people to bring us sand from their vacations and then we would sprinkle it in our sheets and pretend we lived on the beach? That probably wasn’t the best thing for our parent’s washers-just saying:)

I wish you had your baby six months ago so you guys could come stay at our condo. But since you can’t ever plan those things with precision... these pictures are dedicated to you. But next year if I am pregnant, and as big as a whale, you better pay me back with lots beachy pictures. Just be kind and don’t post too many of you with flat abs in your two pieces. That is too painful for this c-section momma whose stomach won’t ever look that way.

Dear family in OKC and SLC,
We haven't felt this carefree since we were kids. Case in point...John is watching Bugs Bunny while I type and I haven't changed from my swim suit in two days. Are you convinced that you all need to hop on a plane and come visit ASAP?

Dear Jake,

Check out this crab we found on the rocks. I made John get close for a picture...but we were careful to keep our distance because of his sharp pinchers. Then after a few minutes of evaluating our crustacean friend we started to question if he was alive... That is when we discovered it was just a shell a crab had shed. Ha Ha...We are such city folk:)

Dear Grandma and Grandpa Gregory,

Thank you for sending James with a DVD player when we left your house. Because occasional we need a break from our little man, and The Cat in the Hat knows just how to give us that:)

Dear lovely Commentors ,

If I did this blog for the comments I would have stopped on the days I got numeral uno. But when I get support from all my fabulous friends it is such a sweet thing. Thank you for constantly making my day with your kind words. And P.S... I love all the fun posts so many of you have been blogging, so please keep them coming:)

12 comments:

lulu said...

Jess it looks so LOVELY! i want to be there.... like right now. especially when i look out my window and see how gray & rainy it is here. if i wasn't heading to spain so soon you can bet that i would be with you on that beach in no time. keep the pictures coming though, i looove them!

Warner Fam said...

Jessica...can I just say soooo jealous!! Looks like you and your fam are having a great time! That is great news that you sold your house!! I am so happy for you!! Enjoy yourself...and keep the awesome pictures coming. I wish the pictures would come on my end but don't count on it:(

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh! how fun!!! did you alter the color of that water or is it really that pretty? speaking of putting sand in our sheets, you MUST bring me some of that powdery stuff! (I need a new washing machine anyways) I am gonna get all the details of where you are staying cus chris and I are seriously considering going to the same place! keep posting! p.s. you could pull off a bikini better than I could any day of the week!!!

Cathy G said...

Great pictures and fun letters to family and friends! It is fun to see the great results of scrimping and saving!

ColleenDown said...

That is why they are called beach books--I don't think anyone should have to do heavy reading on the beach. Everyone needs a steamy romance novel occasionally-sounds like a perfect library. I love the purple/yellow motif we have going. I think I will keep my eyes open for a purple chair for my patio. It was fun "chatting" tonight-good luck with finding a babysitter!

ColleenDown said...

Gorgeous! I am so very jealous right about now. I wish that I could be with you. And I agree with Kimme, I want some sand! Or a hot beach babe, either works ;) I miss you guys! I can't wait to talk to you soon. xoxo Katelyn

Cheryl said...

All the times we searched for airfare to join you, we were looking at May 17 to May 24. Yesterday (May 17), it poured and hailed all day long! Today, it poured and hailed all day long. There are some decisions you regret in this life......

Thanks for the beauty. I absolutely love the shell picture!

Romney said...

I'm ready to hop on a plane and come stay with you! Unfortunately, Scott's tuition is due so my wallet isn't ready for a trip just yet! Looks like you guys are having an AMAZING vacay!! I'm super jealous! Keep posting all the fun pics!

Heather said...

I'm trying really hard not to be all jealous and bitter like as I am surrounded by May snow. You got out of here just in time!

P.S. I love your swimsuit.

P.P.S I'm just kidding, I'm happy you are having a great time.

Laura said...

Wow, to be so carefree. Looks absolutely fabulous. Keep these good posts coming! I'm living vicariously through you! :)

Abbie&Trevor said...

I keep thinking of you jess!!! I LOVE all your pictures and posts... I am living vicariously through your amazing life, your super cute swim style and the books you can actually sit down and read (on a hot sandy beach) Oh how I wish I was there having one of our long chats. I miss you like crazy! Is it sad that I am tearing up just typing the words:)
Keep on posting those Wonderful pictures!

cap said...

WOW I may or may not be jumping on a plane to come visit you right now....I WISH! All these pictures is making me so excited to lay on the beach in Spain! I can't wait to have a blog as cute as yours. This really does look so fun, hopefully when I have a baby I can take a vaca like this too lol. Miss you xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...