Friday, May 13, 2011

On the road/sea again...

(James rockin' the boat...and our world:)
Here are some pics from John's adventures on the sea. I think sailing makes my hubby all the more sexy.
The cabin on the boat. With a posh place like this to sleep, I think I found my new substitute for camping.
Here is an old ship he saw at one of the ports. I am kind of partial to pirates, so I think it is pretty cool.
John trimming the main sail with a winch...Yup, I told you I am now a bonified sailor...or at least I know the lingo:)
While John was sailing the Gulf I headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Gregory's to get James. He was being taken great care of (he gained three pounds from Carla's good cooking). Their house is grandkid heaven because of all the fun toys, yummy snacks, and plenty of cousins to play with.
James playing on Grandma's swing set. I forgot there is a reason why where John's parents live is called the Greenbelt. We usually visit in the winter when it isn't so lush and lovely.
Apparently James wasn't ready to leave his cousins because he ended up screaming for four hours straight on the ride back to Houston. I pulled over at 3 different parks but eventually decided I had to keep calm and drive on. At least the hard car ride made our rendezvous with daddy that much sweeter.

So happy to be back together as a family. We've finally had a chance to relax, take some drives around Houston, and enjoy life at a slower speed. Thanks for all the beautiful blogs everyone has been posting. I can already tell, with the internet, the Lone Star state won't be so lonely.
XOXO to the far away fam!

7 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Aaah finally, now I can get back to work and quit checking the internet to see if you are still out there. Well we certainly don't have boats like those around here...so are you guys just going to buy a yacht now instead of a house. I heard today that SLC was voted number two for best burgers and Houston was voted number one...whatever that means, enjoy a hamburger while you are there. It is finally warm and gorgeous here so that makes looking at pictures of the greenbelt a little easier. Goodnight-y'all!

Cathy G said...

Glad to see you are all back together! Can't wait for the reports from the Bahamas!

Chelsea said...

ahh the car screaming is so hard to calming drive through! congrats to you! I am happy you are a sailor now maybe you and rylie can go look for jack sparrow together!

The Vreelands said...

Looks like you guys are having all kinds of adventures! So, I was thinking if I invite you guys to my Halloween party you are still going to come even though you live in Texas right? :)

Romney said...

I love that picture you took of James screaming in the car! Sorry he screamed so long! That makes for a hard/long drive. Glad you guys are all back together and I can't wait to hear about more of your sailing adventures!

lulu said...

That family picture on the boat is so cute! I am impressed with your sailor lingo... looking at all the different ropes on that old sailboat stresses me out! how would you know what to do with all that?! :)

Anonymous said...

that is awesome jess! you guys look like models straight out of a Ralph Lauren sailing add :) I especially like the picture of James crying in the back seat, Cassius did that on our last trip to Utah and there was NO calming him down! I can laugh about it now but at the time I was pretty stressed :)
I miss you guys! Have fun and enjoy this amazing adventure, talk to you soon.
ps. i finally posted on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...