Monday, May 2, 2011

We're glad you came to stay...

You could say April went out like a lion, since Saturday we woke up to an unexpected six inches of snow. But Sunday was sublime and the rest the week we'll be seeing lots of sunshine and warmth so we are clear for loads of lamb like weather for awhile. (In case you couldn’t tell by that tangent, I always wanted to be a weather gal ;) Now please cue in Sheryl Crow...“I’m gonna soak up the sun. Got my 45 on (spf anyway) ...So I can rock on....”

This weekend was going to be our St George trip with Heather, Romney, Aunt Cheryl and their families. But sadly James woke up with the stomach flu. Slowly but surely we are learning that travel plans are never set in stone when you have a little tyke. I was kind of moapy that we missed it all weekend. So this is my plea to those peeps...Please post pictures ASAP so I can at least feel like I was there:)

James puts on a smile for the camera even after throwing up four times. Quite the trooper.

Just as everyone was driving back from St. George James got a spring back into his step. To bad it was 48 hours too late.

My back side wont being seeing my bike seat for awhile:( She will be in storage for the summer while we find a house. Sayanara sistah! I am going to miss riding you...but probably not as much as my sweet tooth... who won't be able to have as much sugar as when you are a staple in my life.

Our Sunday ride.
I keep asking myself why we couldn’t have moved like four years ago, when I was working full-time, hardly saw my friends, and had B for a boss. Besides missing my fam I would have moved in a minute. But it is much harder now that we have made so many good friends, have gotten closer to my family and cousins, and have fallen in love with our house (not to mention finally hung all our curtains). But I guess I need to focus on the feeling that I think this is the right thing for our family. And thankfully there is facebook to keep us all connected. Here is our last day at our mommy’s group. Jana made the most amazing goodbye brunch for me and James. I should have taken a pic of the spread she made because it was so pretty and scrumptious. I am going to miss this little group so much. I might have to make a mommy's club in the lone-star state if I can't find one already there.Well that's a wrap on our last weekend at our casa. Not how I pictured it since the weather was cold and we had a cranky sick little guy. But the pretty blooms out our window kept reminding me that everything is going to be okay and there is lots of sunshine headed our way.
Happy Monday:)

4 comments:

Britney said...

It was so good to bump into you on saturday! I am gonna miss you :( I sure wish you guys the best in your endeavors. It can be hard making such a big move...I know it was for us when we left our house and went to cali. But there is a reason for everything and a time and a season for everything as well. Chin up girlfriend :) love you!

ColleenDown said...

I am finding it harder and harder to comment on these "last weekend" blogs...especially when you talk about packing your bike away..glad you may be coming back for a visit in the next few months!

Chelsea said...

I am glad little james is feeling better! cute pics as usual!

Cheryl said...

You have no idea how much you were missed over the weekend. It made it more real that you will be missing from other family gatherings. Thank goodness for technology!

I'm glad James is feeling better. You are right that kids do have a way of dominating our plans!

I'll be watching for pictures from the weekend too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...