Monday, May 16, 2011

Day uno under the sun...

First things first...We sold our house! For loads less than we bought if for, and lots less than we originally listed it. But thankfully, John’s work met us in the middle mula wise. So in the end we feel happy with how the whole thing worked out. I am soooo glad to be done with all the showings, shotty realtors, and the stress that went with selling our shack.

Second... We found a furnished apartment in Houston to live in for a few months for when John gets back to biznass...(If we don’t decide to become Bahamian beach bums working at a banana standJ) It's right outside the city and just a metro ride away from more museums, parks, and people watching than I could pack in a parenthood, let alone a summer. It will give us a chance to look around for the perfect spot for a permanent address. It has a pool and a spare bed , so if anyone wants to jump on a plane later this summer, I’d be ecstatic:)

And third... After three days of driving around cities we’ve been looking at online the last few months, I think we've narrowed down where we want to live in Houston. The place I thought I would love to live ended up being GHETTO ...something that I couldn’t quite tell from the google maps:) The new place we like in person is called Cyprus. A pretty community, close to the LDS temple, and only 12 minutes to John’s work.

So now that we've caught up on all the Houston house happenings, Let's go to the beach baby!...

We arrived yesterday at the airport to the sound of a live reggae band playing and a pirate putting on a performance for the passerbys. A perfect way to start the first day of our vacay!
The condo is more than we could have asked for! We found it on Homeaway.com. I highly recommend that site if you're looking for a place to stay on your vacation. Here is a fish's view of our new headquarters... taken from the comfort of my floaty. (with this super cool waterproof camera...in case you are in the market:)
Ahhh, the water here is heavenly. Like Hawaii's sea water- with just a tad more cyan.

My beach baby is loving the humongous sand box in his backyard and taking short swims with his mom and dad.

Our condo's private beach. Mostly locals live here, and I guess this view is old news to them b/c it has just been mostly the three of us soaking up the sun.
Here is our photo shoot of where we will be sleeping for the next month.
James's room
View from the kitchen
I love all the colorful artwork!

And speaking of artwork...These are my new "breast" friends. This risqué piece hangs in the master bedroom.
James's new pet, Pete, who lives on our porch.

People have said we are going to get board being stuck on a small island for a month. But to me, taking things at a sea turtle's pace every so often keeps this sister afloat:)
You better all blog your summer fun too. B/c if you are like me, you are all going to need your beachy bloggidy blogs in the winter when the sun don't shine:)

10 comments:

Savannah said...

Very jealous of you right now. I will be looking at your beach pictures a lot this week because the sun isnt going to shine much in utah this week. Miss you.

Romney said...

The beach looks beautiful!! I'm so jealous!! I hope you guys are loving it! I'm so happy you sold your house and everything is working out for you guys!

cathyg said...

Glad to hear you are settling in and that you had so much success in Houston! I will look forward to the updates!

Cheryl said...

I am seriously regretting our decision right about now! Everything looks so fun! Please enjoy all things Caribbean for me. Like the others, I'm thrilled that you've had success elsewhere in your life. That must be a relief that allows you to relax a little more in your condo.

James already looks bigger to me. Keep those pictures coming.

Heather said...

Congrats on all fronts. It looks amazing in the Bahamas. I hope we can find a way to make it happen.

Gavin said...

Awww... looks so heavenly. I've forgotten what it's like to go to a warm beach with water you can actually swim in. :) Have a wonderful vacation! And congrats on selling your house. That sounds like it's been a tough thing!

Laura said...

Sorry, that was me, Laura... not Gavin. :)

ColleenDown said...

I just looked out the window and I am trying to decide if it is rain or snow coming down, because if I need to run and cover all my flowerpots I am going to be really irritated. Anyway, glad to come back to my computer and see sandy beaches and crystal blue water. James must be in sandbox heaven. Looks like you have found your "happy place." Looking forward to more blogs, seeing James with the computer in your bed makes me think you might be "connected" there is the Bahamas. Well, I need to go find a pair of warmer socks and a sweater to put on, warm just doesn't travel well through cyberspace!

Chelsea said...

ahh!!!! beautiful!!1 enjoy your beach time and the relaxation that it brings!!!

ColleenDown said...

Beautiful! I am so jealous of you right now. I wish that I could hop on a plane today! I miss you all sooo much already. I can't wait to see more pictures! Love you guys!-Katelyn
PS The shirt you are wearing in the picture in the mirror is to die for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...