Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hotel Hoppin'

When we need a break from our quiet beach we head down to the hotels where the high rollers hang out. My goal is to crash every resort on this island and report back on their posh amenities. It is amazing...When you wear a big floppy hat and hold your head up high...the hotels just assume you belong and send out swanky service...no questions asked. So far, the Sheraton has the nicest pools while the Hilton has the biggest lizards and coolest sand toys (which is kind of a big deal if you have little boy).


James enjoying the air-conditioned lobby of a hotel while he plays with his new turtle toy we bought from the street vendors.

Don’t ask me what I am doing in this picture. It looks like I am blowing the large chested pirate lady a kiss. It is what it isJ. My poses are going to get creative in order to not accentuate the fact that I don’t plan on wearing makeup this month.

My mom asked us if we were going to go see “Pirates” today when I was talking to her on facebook. She meant the movie...but I thought she meant the real thing since they are sort of the rage around here. FYI: This town was actually founded by Black Beard himself back in the day.

We rode the bus to the "big city" to use the ATM. A bustling place with lots of cruise boat tourists, street vendors, and fancy shops.

We are hooked to a yummy bakery across the street. It’s not too expensive so we plan to visit this local’s hot spot a lot over the next few weeks.

I am sad to say that Paradise isn’t always sunshine and lollipops...or boat docks rather. Nope, James has a horrible rash. Probably hand, foot, and mouth disease...(according to web md and John’s bro who is a real md). It should last a week and there is nothing really to do but wait it out. He probably got it from licking the tray on the airplane when I turned my head for two seconds. Hopefully his antibodies will get their butt into gear asap. Because it is too sad to see my baby covered in itchy bumps.

And because of the apple turnovers from the bakery, I’ve started on the favorite exercise of Phelps and Flipper. Yup, you guessed it, swimming in the deep blue is my new workout of choice. It is hard on the hair, but heavenly on the abs...or at least on lap loving Olympians anyway.

I asked John if he wanted to get into one of the housewives of_______ shows while James napped, but he wasn’t exactly thrilled with the idea. So I guess I will be blogging instead. Hopefully James will be back to himself soon so I will have pictures to post. And hopefully it will stop raining in Utah so you’ll have lots of summer love to share too.

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I'm sorry James has a rash! That's no fun. He is already getting so big! I miss guys!-kate

BarbWitzke said...

Hey guys/the Witzke's here--Wow what a postcard from paradise! Grandpa says he hopes you don't get a tsunami--you are so close to the water! You have the best little poster boy--such cute pictures. I'm not sure you guys will ever want to go to work after this vacation. Love;Grandma and grandpa Witzke

ColleenDown said...

Well, we have hit the big time--grandma is commenting!! I look at your blog and then at mine and all I can think is I need more color--I feel like I am in Kansas and you are in the land of Oz. It makes me want to paint a goldfish on the wall just so I can take a picture of it and blog it. I went to Anthropoligie or however you spell it with Heather last night, I wish I would have had my camera just so I could have blogged it and looked like I was on vacation. Keep these posts and hues coming we all need them in our stucco and brick suburban lives.

Chelsea said...

Thats no fun with Jamea and a rash :( Hopefully it will clear up soon! I love that you are hotel hopping too thats great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...