Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Way to a Man's Heart...

We baked from Betty Crocker (my cooking bible) for day 12 of our Christmas countdown.   Pioneer Woman and I are on a small break since she led me astray with her pumpkin soup recipe.  
Speaking of mishaps, I was sick of James being called a girl every time we went to the grocery store so I took matters into my own hands and gave his hair a little trim.  His hair now falls in a perfectly stacked bob and looks more girly than ever.  So soon we will probably be saying goodbye to his long Bahama sun-kissed locks.  So sad:(
Here are some of our new Houston friends.  To think it all started on a lonely day in September.  I took James to the park and overheard a group of mamas chatting about church.  James and I had just rolled out of bed and I was embarrassed how we looked, but I was prompted to introduce myself anyway.   I immediately hit it off with one girl and through her I’ve made several other great friends.  Their hubbies are engineers, we have similar interests, and almost all of them have a two year-old.  We aren’t in the same stake, but they live close enough and I see or talk to them about every day.  Whenever I think of these ladies I am reminded god is mindful of me and answers my prayers, sometimes just in unexpected ways...like in our pajamas at a park:) 

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

its no surprise you are fitting in great :) James will be a stud with his future new do..... :)

Anonymous said...

That same day we talked on the phone, a lady at the health clinic called cash a girl!!! So Annoying. Look at all your friends! U have more than me and I've been here for 10 years :)

Heather said...

Whoa, no wonder you were tired yesterday with all that baking. I can't wait to see James' reveal. I want to see his bob too.

True friends you can get over a pajama clad first impression. Glad you have found so many. You all look so young!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...