Monday, December 5, 2011

WILD Weekend Recap...

We started the weekend with John and me going on a hot date.  Okay maybe it wasn’t so hot, but it was a date, so I am not complaining.  It was an Exxon company Christmas dinner.  It was nice to meet his bosses and put some names with faces.  Dinner was at an awesome restaurant downtown that used to be an old oil tycoon’s mansion.  The paneling on the walls actually came from a king’s palace in France.  Old oil guys had way too much mula.  We were kind of nervous to leave James with a babysitter for the first time since the move.   I don’t think he even noticed we were gone so hopefully we will make date night a habit.
On Saturday we went to the zoo with our friends Erin and her husband Kyle.  We fed the giraffes for James’s Christmas countdown.    I know we go to the zoo way too much, but I feel like that is the one place we fit in with a toddler.  Amongst the wild animalsJ
I got called to be the secretary in the primary at church.  Kimme has the same calling so we can commiserate.
Sunday we had some of our new friends over for dinner.  I decided for someone who loves to have kids and company over, I have way too much glass and white linen furniture.  Note to self:  work on that.   
Well that is a wrap on our weekend besides lots of football, and getting sucked into a nineties Netflicks show called Twin Peaks.  It is like the show Lost Saved by the Bell style.
What have y’all been up to (Mom, Kimme, Aunt Cathy, Heather, Lindsey, Everyone else?  Someone blog already!   Love you (oh, sorry if the love you was weird, I just realized I type my blog like I am writing to the grandparents-my #1 readers:)  Happy MondayJ











  Look at Erin's daughter's cute Tom's shoes.


 John's Christmas Countdown.  All feminism went out the window for  "I will wait on you hand and foot during a football game."   I think my nachos helped soften the blow of the OU OSU game.

5 comments:

Cathy G said...

Jessica, I will try really hard to blog our festival tree tonight! I love keeping up with you...I mean following you, I can never keep up with you..you are far too talented! Love the countdown idea, going to try to do a mini version...I will let you know what happens! Love you!

ColleenDown said...

O.K. now that I blogged today, I can make a comment! James is growing up so fast, now he is dating--aaah. The Nachos look delicious-even Nachos are bigger in TX and thanks for posting the sunshine since it is supposed to be 4 below tonight-below zero in case you were wondering.

Dave said...

I was thinking of John during that game, and thinking I shouldn't call for a few weeks. We can play PS3 and I'll be OSU.

makana hansen said...

Thanks for having us over. It was a blast. And sorry that it was MY toddler that went for the glass in the fireplace!

Anonymous said...

what? I don't remember the giraffes being so close to touch??? amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...