Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Houston Holidays...

Trimming the tree Texas style.  I decided our decor needed a bit of teal in honor of our first Texas Christmas.  
I finally found the perfect mirror to go with my Sun Valley decorating theme.  Do you know how hard it is to find a 35" sunburst mirror in my price range?  Very!  Dear Aubrie:  Remember when we moved into that college apartment with the brass dear? We thought they were so ugly we took them down and stashed them in the closet?  Well I wish we kept them so I could have spray painted them white...because as you can see I am kind of fond of fawn now.



 
Mama's big helper. *written in sarcasm*
A few broken balls later and we have a Christmas tree.

We went for a spontaneous morning walk with my new good friend Jackie and her son Jackson yesterday morning.  Houston winters are rocking my socks.

 Lately my stroller gets hijacked mid walk by my little man.  This is usually how it ends...


James's flannel pajamas ended up being way too hot for our walk so we made do by tying his sleeves around his waist.  He looked like a Centaur running through the grass.
Two words of warning for walks with toddlers.  Take wipes:)

I hope to spend many mornings in this spot before James is off to school someday.  I just shed a small tear at that very thought.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend filled with lots of tinsel and cheer!   XOXO to all our far away family.  

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

your decor is lovely :) the weather looks so warm !

ColleenDown said...

You certainly found the perfect mirror--I love the fireplace look-have you lit it yet? Aaaah, James can run around have naked, that is the life. So how do you post such big pictures on the new blogger--do you still have to adjust them?

Heather said...

I just decorated my tree in teal. I had no idea it was Texan. Your Houston holiday is quite a contrast from Utah--no one will be running around topless here!

Cathy G said...

Your decorations are beautiful, as usual! Sunny winters are nice, but probably an adjustment after colder, whiter ones! Love you!

Aubrie West said...

Love the mirror! It beats the one at Ross for sure. That is SO funny about the Deer. I just took my hand at some spray painting myself. I will have to send you a picture of the finished product. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that spot!

Anonymous said...

oh! and I LOOOOVE the mirror, where did you end up getting it from?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...