Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Fa La La La La Fall Festival...

 Sadly, last week the tree doctors confirmed a couple of our beautiful trees have died thanks to Houston’s hottest summer ever.  I have a huge thing for foliage and the thought of my trees being turned into mulch makes me seriously depressed.   This past weekend I noticed a few more drying up, so I called the tree doctors to come out again first thing Monday morning.
Please cue hallelujah song...To my great joy (and a small bit of embarrassment) they told me that they weren’t dying they were just changing colors because of the fall.  Praise to the arbor angels...not only for my trees, but the fact that Houston has four seasons after all.   No one really gave me a straight answer when I would ask, so it is nice to experience it in person and definitely a reason to celebrate...  


John's been craving pumpkin soup since he returned from Germany.  Apparently it's a German staple.  So I thought it would be perfect on this drizzly fall day.  Long story short, I ended up making it twice and the end result was less than par.  I hate that!  Does anyone have a good pumpkin soup recipe?  On a happy note I found the easiest (and yummiest) homemade roll recipe ever here.


anim gif maker
 
 Happy Fall Houstonions:) 

7 comments:

cathyg said...

I haven't made good pumpkin soup but Heather has a great squash soup recipe on her blog! Love you!

Chelsea said...

beautiful leaves :)

makana hansen said...

I noticed the leaves changing too and was SHOCKED! Apparently Houston does have a fall.. it is just in DEC! :)

Unknown said...

I have a super yummy one! I'll send your way.

Anonymous said...

well the soup looks amazing! i don't have a pumpkin soup recipe but I have a yummy tomato one if you want it

ColleenDown said...

No one understands tree grief like I do!! Glad to know you have fall, the colors are beautiful. Stick with butternut squash soup and just call it pumpkin! Love your pictures as always!

Katelyn said...

Houston weather is sounding amazing in this freezing Utah weather. It has hardly even snowed! I am loving these daily posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...