Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An Old Fashioned Christmas...

 The part that I am truly passionate about being a stay at home mommy is the prospect that for at least a couple hours every day I can do and be whatever I please.  I can be an artist, explorer, photographer, chef, scientist ... the possibilities are endless.   And I have a permanent play date who also loves to pretend:)  This particular morning James and I decided to explore an old town not to far from our home.  We arrived early before the shops opened and pretended it was Christmas back in the days of Billy the Kid.





Just as we were about to leave, a small toy shop flipped the open sign over in the window.  When we walked in the door I felt like we stumbled upon the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  In fact, I am almost sure someone accidently left the dimension door open and next time it probably wont even exist.   It was packed from floor to ceiling with stunning toys, beautiful Christmas music played, and a warm fire heated the room.  There were several toy displays and the sweetest shop keeper invited us to stay and play awhile.   The whole experience was absolutely enchanting. 



To have the opportunity to relive the magic of Christmas through James’s eyes is bringing us so much joy.      We miss everyone and the Christmas parties this time of year, so I am making a plea for everyone to take pictures and send them our way.  Seeing everyone online really does help with homesickness.  We love you  all and hope everyone is having the happiest of holidays!  XOXO, Jess

5 comments:

ColleenDown said...

What a fun place, I want to go there when I come to visit...I will be in need of some serious green in the next month or two. James looks so festive wearing a winter hat. I looks like you walked into a Christmas village sans snow!

Dale said...

That old Texas town looks like my kind of town. What a wonderful place.

Chelsea said...

so charming and quaint:)

Cheryl said...

It's awesome to see your adventures with James. It reminds of things Daniel and I used to do together. Somehow he's not quite so keen on the idea these days! And his little hat looks funnier now too. Anyway, enjoy those precious moments and keep the pictures coming 'cause you have an amazing eye for beauty wherever you see it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think you can call yourself a professional photographer for real, these pics are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...