Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 19: Sparkling Headlights...

 First off, thanks for all the sympathy and kind words.  I wasn't sure if I should push post on such an Anne of Green Gables “depths of despair” kind of day, but it was nice to get some perspective:)

The gift of giving Santa’s sleighs a good scrub down was by far John’s favorite countdown day so far.    And speaking of sparkling clean, I have the cleanest patch of windows in the world thanks to my two-year-old having an obsession with Windex.  I keep thinking of the dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding and how keen he was to the cleaner.    

 Not only does every toddler in town want an i phone, but every elf as well.  Apple knows how to advertise...or elves also adore Angry Birds:)
  This time of year I love seeing all the beautiful window displays, but being amongst the grouchy shoppers takes away some of the wonder .  So along with the grandparents, James and I become early morning mall walkers.  We take laps until Santa arrives so we can say hi,  then leave for home before the crazy Christmas shoppers come.  

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

awww cutest windex boy ever:)

ColleenDown said...

Wish you were closer, because we could have quite the system--the dogs could goober the windows and then James could follow behind and clean them, since everyone seems to be at the same level. You live in seventy degrees and mall walk, it is 18 here and I am still going to the park, something is wrong with this picture :-/ Love you!!

Anonymous said...

the windex picture made me laugh, Cassius is like that with cleaning products too...and my expensive face wash, lotions, toners, and perfumes :/

Vivienne said...

I just read the pregnant post. I don't think there is a woman alive who hasn't been on both sides of this blunder! Once I said something that got back to your mother that could have been VERY damaging to our relationship. When I called her to apologize, fearing that she would be very angry, I found out what a true angel your mother is. She was so forgiving and put me at ease and I will never forget the lesson she taught me that day. We all make mistakes. We all learn from them how to be better people. Thank you for sharing. We all learn from them and we all LOVE you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...