Saturday, December 31, 2011

Galveston For Grandma and Grandpa Gregory...

Yesterday we were on our way to the zoo with John's brother and fam but couldn't find a parking space so we spontaneously drove to the beach instead.  Then we were having such a nice time in the waves we decided to book a hotel on the boardwalk.  So we bought some dry clothes, diapers, and beach toys at Target and had ourselves an impromptu twenty-four hour tropical vacay...










 Random rock garden at the beach.
 James taking care of some business in bed:)

Such a fun day under the seventy degree Galveston sun.  To me, spontaneity is the spice of life.  John says spontaneous is another word for expensive.  That is why we were made for each other.  We balance each other out.  And that is a beautiful thing:)  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! great pics Jess! The one of John and James belongs in a frame. I feel like I was just at that beach! Spontaneous is expensive...haha-so true but so much fun! Now when are you two gonna take a spontaneous trip up North???

Katelyn said...

Woah, I have no idea why you are signed in on dad's computer. That above comment was from me :)

Heather said...

Spontaneous=expensive, that makes me laugh. What a fun way to finish out the holidays. I also have to laugh because all your pictures in your 70 degree Texas weather feature about the same kind of clothes as we are wearing in our 40 degree Heber weather. I guess warm is all relative.

Cheryl said...

I'd go with spontaneous = fun. You guys are so great!! Our winter has been freakishly warm and dry, but not quite like being at a beach! That looked way fun. I can't wait to see what New Orleans was like. I hope your Cajun ancestry made you feel right at home. And I can't wait to hear about your next great adventure tomorrow. Happy New Year!!

ColleenDown said...

Happy New Year! It was so good to talk to you...since you didn't blog today does that mean you succumbed to getting down the decorations--I did, but not the tree!

In Touch said...

Gorgeous!! I want to be like you in so many ways!

In Touch said...

Gorgeous!! I want to be like you in so many ways!

John said...

Cool new header honey.

ColleenDown said...

Ditto to what John says!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...